Ethical Decision-Making Values
The OIC promotes the following ethical decision-making values as a guide for University community members:
- Integrity: act with honesty and consistency
- Stewardship: careful and responsible management of University resources
- Transparency: act with honesty and openness
- Accountability: obligation and willingness to accept responsibility for actions and behaviors
- Respect: due regard for the well-being and rights of individuals and the University
These decision-making values were approved by President Gabel and the Executive Oversight Compliance Committee.
Does the University have an ethics policy?
There is no University-wide “Ethics” policy. The standards of conduct in Board of Regents Policy: Code of Conduct, supported by University policies, procedures, and workplace rules, provide standards expected of University community members. In addition, Board of Regents Policy: Student Conduct Code, applies to all students and student groups at the University.